Davide Sogliani has earned a Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology from the University of Verona and a Master's Degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics from the University of Pavia. He is a Ph.D. Student in Molecular biology at the University of Pavia where he investigates mosquito-virus interactions and the role of non-retroviral Endogenous Viral Elements of Aedes mosquitoes.
Regarding mammalogy, he is mainly interested in IAS, carnivores, and lagomorphs with a focus on prey-predator interactions, wildlife diseases, and genetics. He is currently working on invasive lagomorphs, feral/free-roaming cats and dogs, as also red fox ecology.
He is a member of the Italian Mammal Society (ATIt), the Italian Society for Virology (SIV-ISV), and the World Society for Virology (WSV).
- Sogliani D, Mori E 2019. “The Fox and the Cat”: Sometimes they do not agree. Mammalian Biology, Vol. 95, pp 150-154.
- Sogliani D et al. 2021. Feral rabbit populations in a peri-urban area: insights about invasion dynamics and potential management strategies. European Journal of Wildlife Research, Vol. 67: 60. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10344-021-01505-2.
- Marconcini M et al. 2021. Profile of Small RNAs, vDNA Forms and Viral Integrations in Late Chikungunya Virus Infection of Aedes albopictus Mosquitoes. Viruses, Vol. 13(4): 553. https://doi.org/10.3390/v13040553.
- Sogliani D et al. 2021. Successful treatment of idiopathic knuckle pads with a combination of high-dose salicylic acid and urea topical keratolytics: A case report. Dermatology Reports, Vol. 13(1). https://doi.org/10.4081/dr.2021.9072.
- Pesente M et al. 2021. Indagini preliminari sui Chirotteri (Mammalia, Chiroptera) della città di Verona. Storia naturale della città di Verona - Memorie del Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Verona - 2. serie - Monografie Naturalistiche 6-2021